About Our Services
Specialty Tile Products offers premium educational services to our clients. Whether you are a new homeowner looking for advice before a purchase, a designer seeking CEU credit, or an installer trying to choose the best method of waterproofing a tub surround, we will help you achieve success.
CEU Presentations At Your Office Or Ours
- Specialty Tile Products and our Vendors offer a wide variety of continuing education unit programs for design professionals. Please contact Us at email@example.com to arrange a program at your office or ours.
- Crossville: Crossville has 2 programs focused on tile products: Porcelain Tile: From Specification To Installation – Is It Really Green?
- Laticrete: Laticrete offers 6 six programs that meet Health Safety and Welfare requirements: Water as a Design Medium – Advanced Forensics – Tile and Stone Installation Materials and Methods – Direct Adhered Sysytems – Marble and Granite – Composite Stone
- Schluter Systems: Schluter has 5 programs that illustrate their unique approach to tile and stone setting: A Systems Approach to Tile and Stone – Radiant Heated Floors: a new Perspective for Tile and Stone – Movement Joints for Tile and Stone: Why, Where, and How? – The Uncoupling Principle
- Design Trends in Ceramic Tile and Stone: A constantly evolving program that highlights the latest offering in the ceramic tile and stone industries, this program will cover products as well as how they fit into classic and contemporary design. Boutique products that fit into a bit more eclectic decors like Arts and Crafts and Prarie styles are also featured, as well as new materials like glass, metal and wood tiles.
- Porcelain Primer: The technological landscape of tile manufacturing changes daily. This Program focuses on the new types of porcelain, how they are made and what is the proper application for the tiles. Exterior applications, cladding and traditional interior use is discussed. The program will introduce new technologies with panel displays of tile and hands-on examination of features. This program could include a factory tour.
- Stone, Rocks or Rocket Science? A look at natural stone from a geological perspective. Beautiful panels of stone will be examined and categorized according to their geological type. Studying the formation of these stone gives insight to the design professional for the selection process. You will better understand sealing and maintenance requirements and the proper uses of a wide variety of natural stones.
- Factory Tours: A number of our vendors will periodically offer tours of the manufacturing plants where they produce tiles. Crossville, American Florim, Sonoma Tilemakers and even a few of the Italian and South American producers are among these. Please call us to arrange a tour date and gain an understanding of the process and requirements.
- Tile Selection & Design: Our Designer Center Showrooms are staffed with professionals who understand the design process and can offer both technical and material solutions for color, style and proper usage issues.
- Installation Consulting: Rest assured that our staff can help inform & equip professional installers with all the tools and materials it takes to do any job, anywhere, anytime.
Services for Design Professionals
Specialty Tile is dedicated to advancing the cause and increasing the proper use of ceramic tile. We will cater and provide programs of your choice at your office or at our facilities.
- Office Setup: Specialty Tile will set your office up with our complete custom designed sample kits and those of our primary vendors. They are informative, attractive and well organized. They will not leave your office looking jumbled and messy. We can and will tailor our set to your specific needs and make you your own should that be required.
- Individual Pieces: Specialty Tile will provide individual or cut pieces for submittal books and story-boards. These are available at our showrooms or by calling your sales representative or via mail. (since some our lines have over 100,000 pieces and colors). We will also ship to your out-of-town clients if need be.
- Grouted panels: Specialty Tile will provide grouted panels for your project presentations so that you might show color and shape ranges or how various products will look in place. Call your sales rep or provide us with a fax drawing and we will be able to determine the time frame for delivery.
- Private Showrooms: That’s right – “Our house is your house”. Use our showrooms as your private showroom. Specialty Tile will book private showings after hours or on weekends for you and your clients. We know that many people simply can not meet during our regular hours and we will accommodate those schedules. We also have a growing list of celebrity customers who require some privacy as they select. We provide refreshment and comfort for those in this position. Call to set appointments.